success
About Me


Name::Raj
From::Mumbai, India
I'm a true geminine....I'm shy and also outgoing, I'm disciplined and also naughty sometimes...I'll be good to you...but can never be bad to you...believe me....
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
Who Died the Worst Death? - A Joke....
Puzzles........
Computer Diagnosis - A joke
My Blog type
A touching mail
What's My aura....
DANCE OF THE DEVIL
Good Moral
Nice Joke

Archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
July 2008
September 2008
March 2009

My Reads

Google News
Knowledge@Wharton
Strategy-Business
Mckinsey
Economist
Funny Jokes

My Visitors

My Earth

My Video

Try Video
Try lyrics - Nelly Furtado lyrics
Nelly Furtado Music Videos
Music Video Codes by VideoCure

Friday, August 18, 2006

AMAZING FACTS

"Taxi" is spelled exactly the same in English, French, German, Swedish, Portuguese, and Dutch

"Fortnight" is a contraction of "fourteen nights." In the US "two weeks" is more commonly used.

"One thousand" contains the letter A, but none of the words from one to nine hundred ninety-nine has an A.

"Forty" is the only number which has its letters in alphabetical order. "One" is the only number with its letters in reverse alphabetical order.

"Ma is as selfless as I am" can be read the same way backwards. If you take away all the spaces you can see that all the letters can be spelled out both ways.

"Four" is the only number whose number of letters in the name equals the number.

"Ough" can be pronounced in eight different ways. The following sentence contains them all: "A rough-coated, dough-faced ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough, coughing and hiccoughing thoughtfully.

"The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in English.

"Stewardesses" is the longest word that can be typed with only the left hand.

"THEREIN" is a seven-letter word that contains thirteen words spelled using consecutive letters: the, he, her, er, here, I, there, ere, rein, re, in, therein, and herein.

---------------------------------------------

9 Comments:

Blogger KL said...

Those facts are fascination especially the one that 1 to 999 has no a, but housand has...brilliant to come up with all these.

Saturday, August 19, 2006 7:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I realy liked reading through your blog,Thanks for sharing.Wish you well.great posting
He!He!He!

Monday, August 21, 2006 3:35:00 AM  
Blogger Run Around Paris said...

Who actually thinks up these facts? I learned some stuff though...

Monday, August 21, 2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

that was rather interesting - thanks Raj. I would be interesting to know though who has the time to think of all these things!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

Ya, these things are so simple and so common, still we never realized, thats why they are amazing. Somebody has really done a good job to come out with such facts.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Bazza said...

Hi Raj. I think you have too much time on your hands! Nice post and congratulations on your Independence Day. Incidentally you may be interested to read the comments on my post at this address:
http://bazzablog-uk.blogspot.com/2006/08/farningham-kent-england.html

Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mumbai Guy said...

Nice facts. I actually like reading such stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Friday, August 25, 2006 4:51:00 AM  
Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Again, cool stuff, Raj. Thanks. As for palindromes, someone put out a book of them and amazingly some palindromes were whole paragrpahs or pages long! (Can't recall the book's tile but the web will tell you, eh?) Two very famous palindromes are: "Able was I ere I saw Elba," which refers to the exile of Napoleon; and "A man, a plan, a canal, Panama."

Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:18:00 AM  
Blogger Priyankari said...

these are so common words, yet never noticed such fun!

Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home