success
About Me


Name::Raj
From::Mumbai, India
I'm a true geminine....I'm shy and also outgoing, I'm disciplined and also naughty sometimes...I'll be good to you...but can never be bad to you...believe me....
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

HAPPY ONAM 'n' TEACHER'S DAY
Little Shy Fish
FUNNY - Bull Story!!!
SMILE PLEASE
AMAZING FACTS
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
Who Died the Worst Death? - A Joke....
Puzzles........
Computer Diagnosis - A joke
My Blog type

Archives

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
September 2007
July 2008
September 2008
March 2009

My Reads

Google News
Knowledge@Wharton
Strategy-Business
Mckinsey
Economist
Funny Jokes

My Visitors

My Earth

My Video

Try Video
Try lyrics - Nelly Furtado lyrics
Nelly Furtado Music Videos
Music Video Codes by VideoCure

Saturday, September 09, 2006

TEACHERS DAY

Hi frnds, I'm very much overwhelmed with the response I got for my earlier post and very surprised to know that in so many countries of the world Teachers day is not celebrated. As pointed out by one of my friend Good Teachers are a gift given to this world and we should all appreciate the important role they play in developing the future citizens of any country. To attract good people to this profession first of all they shoud be paid very well and the teaching profession itself should be looked above any other profession. In India there is a sanskrit shloka which equates Teacher (Guru) to the almighty God and says he should be given euqal respect.
As Bloggers I think we should do something about it. We can all decide a day whcih can be celebtrated as Teachers day worldwide and then we will share that message with our blogger friends and ultimately spread the message in our respective socities. I believe as a Blogger community we have the power to do it. Once the day becomes popular I'm sure our Greeting card companies will be too happy to spread the message through other media.
I request all my blogger friends to spare a thought about it and I think this will be an ultimate gift (Guru dakshina) to all our teachers who really deserve a better treatment in this World.

---------------------------------------------

10 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Great idea Raj!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Great idea Raj! Really great idea! Pick the day and I am sure we will all do our best in spreading the word! ~M SO CHALO~~ I think that means lets go!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be a great idea, except not all young people in England are respectful to their teachers. You have a very sweet culture.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 2:26:00 AM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is a wonderful idea, however I have to agree with Elle, not many kids (specially the older ones) respect teachers here - it is very sad but unfortunatley that is how it is!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with ellee on this.
Wish you well my friend

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldnt that be nice to have a teachers day, they have to seem a every other kind of special day in the world for great leaders, or people who discovered things. Most great leaders would probaly would have never even existed with out the help of their teachers. Good post

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi Raj, Hope you had a great weekend!

Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Susan Jones said...

Hey Blog Slacker!
update already!
heeeeeeeeeeeee

Monday, September 18, 2006 12:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mosilager said...

One of the first things I remember being taught in school is:

Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnu,
Gurur Devo, Maheshwara,
Guru saakshal param Brahman,
Tasmai sri guruve namah.

(Rough translation)
teacher is brahma, teacher is vishnu,
teacher is lesser gods, Shiva,
teacher is actually the one supreme God,
So I bow to my teacher.

perhaps this fosters a sense of respect for teachers from an early age?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Raj said...

Hi frnds, I thank u all for the very supportive comments I received from u on my "Teachers Day" post. Well I agree with u that may be in present times what I proposed is bit ambitious. But I'm happy that we all agree that Teachers play an important role in shaping our future generation and they deserve much better treatment. As beautifully said by Mosilager through the sanskrit shloka.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home